In starting your 1st Zero - 5km run, all you need is a good running shoe, a watch
and enjoy your running experience while cruising along the road.
Gear Up Check list:
- Shirt for running
- Running Shorts or Cycling Shorts
- Running Shoes with comfortable running socks (more preffered to avoid blisters)
(Digital Watch with count down timer) *casio gshock
- Water Bottle for hydration
Suggested Locations in Running here in the Philippines:
* Luneta park (Around)
* Amoranto Sports Complex
* Rizal Memorial Stadium
* Global City, Taguig
* CCP Complex
* Folk Arts Theather
* ARC Thursday fun run route
| |Tips for Beginners :
"I started running alone at first, until I find my running family"
-J. Starks of Ok-Ok Runners / ARC
#Locate a good training spot in your community, nearby sports complex or nearby running spots.START!
- Start a training program that you will run 3 days in a week, where you should run in the morning or at night (after work).
- Search over the internet and Join a Running Club/Running teams accessible to you every week and try Register to an Upcoming Fun Run two(2) months ahead prior to your training as a factor for motivation for you.
- Ask a friend to run with you. (If not make friends with your fellow runner. Try to talk to him/her and ask him if you could run with him/her)
- Light Warm up by stretching your whole body from head to foot
(Check some warm up exercises over the internet or google)
- Walk for 5-10 mins nonstop and interval it with a light jog/brisk walk until you break a good sweat.
- Light Jog/Run according to your speed/pace (Don't sprint!)
- Do the 30:30 interval (30 sec walk : 30 sec run)
use digital watch countdown time.
or you can do the 1min walk : 30 secs run for beginners
- Remember to Re-hydrate your self.
- Just relax, enjoy your first run & try to finish your first 5k distance run, regardless of your time.
- Log in your daily miles @ Dailymile.com and try to plot your running route for the day
- Enjoy running then repeat it the next day or the day after.